Group Project 1-2 pages
Diversity has become an increasing topic of focus in the workplace. Demographic trends in the United States have led to increased workplace diversity which includes the following:
- There are more women in the workforce than ever before.
- Aging adults, many of whom are working beyond the typical retirement age
- Multiple generations who have distinctive wants and needs
- Cultural differences such as locations, languages, and work and business ethics
- Other factors, which have contributed to the complexity of managing an organization and its human capital
There are legal/regulatory requirements relative to workforce diversity. In addition, many organizations have developed comprehensive diversity programs to respond to these trends as well as to support organizational strategies. Given your groups expertise on the topic of diversity, you have been asked to contribute an article to an industry publication on workplace diversity.
Group Project Guidelines:
- Your group should prepare an article on diversity that covers the following:
- A summary of trends leading to increased diversity in the workplace
- The general impact of diversity on organizations
- What are strategies that companies have implemented or should consider implementing to effectively address the challenges and opportunities of workplace diversity? Refer to a best practices model of at least one organization in any industry that has successfully implemented an innovative diversity program, which can be modified and replicated on some level
- How does diversity help to strengthen the workforce?
- What are some examples of conflicts that can arise due to diversity? How can they be solved?
- The Small Group Discussion Board is available for your collaboration.
Your submitted Group Project (200 points) must include the following:
- One group submission of 5â€“7 pages that covers all the aspects of the group project guidelines
- 2 references per group member, include all references in APA format.
Discussion Board 3-4 paragraphs
Due to cutbacks at the company you work for, the division you manage recently merged with another division to minimize costs. Your division works in teams the majority of the time, and due to the merger, new members have been added to each team. One of your team members comes to you upset about the merger. She feels as though other team members are shutting her out and will not listen to her.
For this Discussion Board, answer the questions listed below. For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.
Discussion Board Assignment Guidelines:
- Answer the following questions:
- How would you handle this situation?
- What steps can you take to ensure that she is heard?
- Post a new topic to the Discussion Board that contains your answers to the above questions.
- Respond to 2 other students’ posts on the Discussion Board.