In this paper, you will analyze and discuss small business growth in terms of growth strategy, business forms, short and medium term goals, financing assistance, organizational structure and staffing needs, customers and promotion, and ethics and social responsibility.
Step 1: In writing this paper, you are expected to use the facts from the case study(Attached) focusing on using this information to determine opportunities and solve problems.
Step 2: Create a Word or Rich Text Format (RTF) document that is double-spaced, 12-point font. The final product will be between 5-6 pages in length excluding the title page and reference page.
Step 3: Follow this format:
- Title page with the title, your name, course number and name; and the instructors name;
- Body, in paragraph form. Use the following section headings:
- Growth Strategy
- Business Form
- Financing Assistance
- Organizational Structure and Staffing Needs
- Customers and Promotion
- Ethical Issues and Social Responsibility
- Summary paragraph
Step 4: In writing a case study, the writing is in the third person. What this means is that there are no words such as I, me, my, we, or us (first person writing), nor is there use of you or your (second person writing).
Step 5: In writing this assignment, you are asked to support the reasoning using in-text citations and a reference list. A reference within a reference list cannot exist without an associated in-text citation and vice versa.
Step 6: In your paper, answer the following questions:
- Discuss the steps Jack should take to organize and prioritize his business growth strategy?
- If Jack enjoys all facets of owning a business, what business form best fits his expansion plans, and why?
- Discuss what kind of financing assistance might be available to Jack? Discuss options explaining why these were chosen. Then make a recommendation for the best financing option.
- How might Jacks staffing needs change? Discuss the best way for Jack to organize, orient, and train his restaurant staff. What kind of organizational structure would work best for Jacks expanded business? [e.g., vertical hierarchy, functional, teams, flat (horizontal), matrix] to meet the needs of his new business;
- How should Jack deal with his current customers in regard to the change? What kind of promotion should he consider in attracting customers to his new location? Be thorough with the responses.
- What are the ethical issues and potential social responsibilities highlighted by this change in business? (Consider customers, employees, the current and new communities, and other stakeholders.) How might these issues be dealt with most appropriately?