This Assignment contains two seperate assignments. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Research Mental Health in adults with substance abuse
- Research the assessment portion.
- Research the policy section.
- Research the assurance section
- Put together a power-point presentation with speaker notes.
Focus on a real-life issue or problem related to health care within a community, city, or county.
Create two presentations. Each presentation should have at least six slides. Presentations must analyze the health issue/problem, describe its impact, provide policy recommendations, and apply public health assurances that the public health system will be effective in addressing this issue.
Present findings in a well-organized, concise, and expert analysis proposal.
For the Final Presentation, you will follow the outline of the 10 Essential Public Health Services to address a public health issue/concern. The topic being mental health in adults with substance abuse and walk through the services that fall under the three core functions of public health as outlined below. Create a powerpoint presentation based on this. (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2013):
Specific Core Functions of Public Health
- Monitor health status to identify and solve community health problems.
- Diagnose and investigate health problems and health hazards in the community.
- Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues.
- Mobilize community partnerships and action to identify and solve health problems.
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts.
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety.
- Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable.
- Assure competent public and personal health care workforce.
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of personal and population-based health services.
- Research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems.