Assignment 1 – TOPIC- AUTISM
Create an infographic about the diverse population you chose in Assignment 2.2: Choose a Diverse Population. The infographic should include the following elements:
1. A brief overview of the disparity/diverse population
2. Statistics to support the existence of the health disparity
3. Unique challenges this group faces trying to get health care
4. Access-to-care issues that contribute to their health disparity
5. A picture, graphic, YouTube video, or other media element to create empathy for this diverse population and the challenges they face
6. References in APA format at the bottom
You will be graded on the presentation of information and on creativity. Take time to look at other infographics and see what catches your attention and what does not. Learn from what you observe.
The following sites have free trials and you may find other free infographic sites on your own. Some allow you to download what you create, and other sites let you post to a community page and get a link to share.
Or, you can use Microsoft PowerPoint: How to Make an Infographic in PowerPoint (Links to an external site.).
Assignment 2 rough draft. -TOPIC: Mental Health- Increase the proportion of primary care visits where adolescents and adults are screened for depression
Go to the following sites and choose a health promotion topic of interest that will help you in your practice:
Find out about what is being done to promote health in your topic at the federal and state level. Your final paper, due in Week 7, should be five to seven pages long, including the title and reference pages. APA format is required.
Include a minimum of three peer-reviewed articles to support an intervention that meets your objective. These sources must be no more than five years old, except for a landmark study. You must use scholarly sources that are directed at providers. Nurse practitioner journals are excellent sources because you will see what your peers are doing in this area.
Your paper should follow this format:
Section 1: Health Topic
· Provide a brief overview of the issue/topic.
· Explain the significance of the problem to the patient and healthcare community.
· Define your patient population.
Section 2: National and State Goals
· What is the National Healthy People 2020 goal for your objective?
· Describe where your state is in reaching the national goal.
Section 3: Assessment of Resources
· What resources are currently available in your area to help your patients with this problem?
· Provide three examples of evidence-based support for these interventions.
· Evaluate whether these resources are adequate to address the problem.
· What are your recommendations for additional resources?
Section 4: Summary
· How will this information help you help your patients?