NOTE: This is a self-evaluation paper, not a simple Q&A format. It should have paragraphs, etc. While it should be clear to me that you have included the following information (i.e., answered the following questions), you should not include the questions. This evaluation should be written in the form of a reflection paper. HINT: I suggest you use 6-8 paragraphs.
Here are the questions to help you evaluate yourself:
- What are two things you felt you did well during the speech? These things can include content, visuals or other aspects of the speech (though organization & delivery are covered in separate questions). Explain why you thought these aspects of your speech went well.
- What are two things you felt you could have improved upon about your speech?
- If you could change something about how you did your speech, what would you change? This can include a wide variety of things, from the topic itself, to how you prepared, to how you organized the speech.
- Evaluate your organization for this speech. How well do you think the speech was organized? Do you feel you followed the guidelines or could you use improvement in your organizational skills? Explain your answer.
- Evaluate your citation of sources. Did you cite them all out loud? Did you give enough information the audience could find each one, if they wanted to do so? Did you give any facts, statistics or opinions without citing the source out loud? Did your visuals have credit lines, where applicable? What might you do differently next time?
- Evaluate your delivery for this speech. Were your posture, voice, and gestures effective or are there considerations you could have made to improve your delivery?
- What was the hardest part about preparing for this speech?
- What was the best part about giving this speech?