Child Development Assignment, writing homework help
PowerPoint and Short Essay—Theory~Practice Presentation and Explication
This two-part assignment asks you to design a PowerPoint presentation that explains how developmental theories can be put into practice by child care professionals and to explain your approach to connecting theory and practice in a short explication essay.
- One 8-10 slide PowerPoint presentation.
- One 1-2 page (250-500 word) explication of the presentation. Use word processing software.
Perform the following tasks:
Part 1: Design an 8-10 slide PowerPoint presentation that demonstrates the connections between theory and practices. .
Lesson 2 includes detailed information about major theories and theorists that play a role in the field of child development. Some developmental theories that are covered in this lesson include ethology and sociobiology, Freud’s psychoanalytic theory, Erikson’s psychosocial theory, classical and operant conditioning, Bandura’s cognitive learning theory, information processing theories, Piaget’s cognitive developmental theory, Vygotsky’s sociocultural theory, Bronfenbrenner’s bioecological theory, and Thelen’s dynamic systems theory. For this assignment, first review these major developmental theories and theorists and decide which ones you think are most useful and applicable in your own understanding of child and adolescent development, in theory and in practice.
The purpose of the first part of this assignment is for you to demonstrate your understanding of how major developmental theories come to life in actual child care practices. Choose at least 4 developmental theories discussed in our lesson content this week and outline them, in detail, for an audience of child care professionals. You should have one slide for each of the 4 or more theories you choose.
Then, think about how the theories translate into actual specific practices in child care environments. After each slide that discusses a specific theory, design a slide that demonstrates, with a two or more specific student-created examples (this means that you must come up with the examples yourself), ways that child care professionals can put the theory into practice in their own professional child care settings. The goal is to provide ways for professionals to see how to apply theory in real life contexts.
Your final PowerPoint should include slides that alternate as follows:
- Detailed discussion of developmental theory #1 (cite appropriately, as needed)
- Practical application of theory #1 (with 2 or more student-created examples)
- Detailed discussion of developmental theory #2 (cite appropriately, as needed)
- Practical application of theory #2 (with 2 or more student-created examples)
- Detailed discussion of developmental theory #3 (cite appropriately, as needed)
- Practical application of theory #3 (with 2 or more student-created examples)
- Detailed discussion of developmental theory #4 (cite appropriately, as needed)
- Practical application of theory #4 (with 2 or more student-created examples)
- Reference page—cite all sources appropriately
- Please cite appropriately from the text (with specific page numbers) and from your knowledge and experiences (with specific examples) to construct a presentation that is supported and specific.
- Please keep your audience in mind—you are constructing this presentation for child care professionals. Your discussion of the theories and your practical examples should be directed toward and meaningful for this specific audience.
Part 2: Write a 1-2 page (250-500 word) explication of your presentation.
To “explicate” means to analyze in detail in order to reveal meaning. This part of the assignment asks you to explicate the work that you produced in the PowerPoint component of the assignment to clarify, for your audience, why you made specific choices and what the presentation as a whole shows or tells the audience.
Construct a paper that explicated the content of the presentation, the choices that you made, and the reasons behind your specific approach to the presentation component of the assignment. Think of this paper as an introduction to the presentation, to be read by your audience before they view the contents of the presentation. Consider, for example, why you choose to describe certain theories over others. Why and how did you select the practical examples included in the presentation? Why do you think this is an effective presentation for an audience of child care professionals? How do you think your audience might use this presentation?
Part 3: Save and submit your assignment.