College of Administrative and Financial Sciences
Deadline: 3/28/2020 @ 23:59
|Course Name:||Student’s Name:|
|Course Code:||Student’s ID Number:|
|Academic Year: 1440/1441 H|
For Instructor’s Use only
|Students’ Grade: Marks Obtained/Out of||Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low|
Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
- The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
- Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
- Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
- Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
- Late submission will NOT be accepted.
- Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
- All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
- Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
Weightage: 10 marks
- Ability to carry out objective and scientific analysis of consumers’ needs and wants (Lo 2.3 & 2.6).
- Ability to collect, evaluate and synthesize consumers data to make objective and informed marketing decisions (Lo 2.7).
Assignment No: 2
Today, there is a great multitude and varieties of new products available in stores and online, from which consumers can choose. Think about the new products you’ve seen in the past two or three years, then choose a new product from any category.
Questions (2×5 = 10 Marks)
- How would you define the attributes and benefits of the chosen product?
- Define the core, actual, and augmented product benefits.
- Briefly describe the steps in the new product development process.
- Each product will have a life cycle, although its exact shape and length are not known in advance. Explain each step in the PLC.
- What are the dimensions upon which a company manages its product portfolio?