Law enforcement in America has seen drastic changes over the past one hundred years, from the educational requirements of officers to the interpretation of the bill of rights. Law enforcement officers today are expected to perform their duties at a very high level of professionalism and morality. Unfortunately, when officers don’t perform at this high level it is their commanders who ultimately may be held responsible for their actions. Use your textbook, the Internet, and / or Strayer library to research credible sources on the aforementioned issues as they relate to law enforcement operations and management.
Write a five to seven (5-7) page paper in which you:
- Examine the higher (postsecondary education) requirements that police hiring agencies have for potential candidates. Support or critique the requirement that officers possess such an education.
- Compare and contrast the fundamental differences between arrest and searches and seizures conducted with and without warrants. Provide a rationale for why these areas are important as they relate to the Bill of Rights and Fourth Amendment guarantees.
- Compare and contrast the main ways in which Packard’s crime-control model and the due process model differ in the matter of police ethics. Provide your opinion on which of the two (2) approaches lends itself to the possibility of ethical violations in law enforcement?
- Hypothesize two (2) situations where police supervisors may be held criminally liable for their officers’ misconduct.
- Use at least four (4) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment mu