Concepts and Definitions of Health and Health Related Values Discussion
Purpose: Medical anthropologists have dedicated significant effort to documenting practices and health systems around the globe, from indigenous and tribal communities and urban metropolises to farming communities and groups of migrant workers. In the process they have identified a vast array of healing practices and health systems created by people worldwide- ideas about the causes of health and disease, and varied cultural strategies for addressing pain, curing illness, and promoting health. In this Assignment you will explore how health knowledge is constructed in your life and how culture has shaped your experience of disease and illness.
Consider your strategies for getting healthy or staying healthy. In a 4-6 page paper, answer the following questions:
1) Whom do you consult for health information? (examples- parent, doctor, pharmacist, religious figure, literature, friend, etc.).
2) How does culture shape how you receive and interpret information and communication about health, disease, and illness?
3) What strategies do you use to get well? How did you learn these strategies? (examples- eat particular food, take particular supplement, use medicines).
4) Is there a social cause of illness or disease? What role does social stigma play in whether we do or do not seek treatment
5) What do you think getting sick says about you as a person? Does this depend on symptoms? (example- cold, fever, diarrhea, sexually transmitted disease, heart attack).
https://bluessay.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/logonew.png00developerhttps://bluessay.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/logonew.pngdeveloper2020-11-02 08:18:292020-11-02 08:18:29Concepts and Definitions of Health and Health Related Values Discussion
Be advised that this service is completely legal and does not infringe any college/university law. The paper received from our company may be used as a source for a deeper comprehension on the subject.
Our payment system is secure and efficient. We guarantee your security and 100% refund as per the guidelines