In the video, Aziz Abu Sarah: For More Tolerance, We Need More Tourism? (Sarah, 2014), Sarah provides a suggestion for breaking down walls that separate people.
For this assignment, imagine your classroom is comprised mainly of students from different backgrounds who might have a history of being antagonistic because of nationalities or religious beliefs.
- Create a plan for how you would bring down the walls that separate your students. Address the following:
- What does the plan entail?
- How will it break down walls between people?
- What is your plan to keep animosity from rising?
- Will your plan require funding?
- Will you need the help of others to make this work? Explain.
- Is your plan for your class or the entire school?
- How will you assess the success of your plan?
- Your plan should be in a presentation format (e.g., PowerPoint, Prezi, Emaze, Blendspace, Haikudeck, Thinglink, or other presentational tool).
- Since you will not physically present this in a class setting, include presentation notes or make an audio recording of you presenting your plan.