Click on “Order Now” to fill out your assignment details and any custom instructions.
We’ll find the perfect writer for your paper among our team of experts.
Check the finished parts of the paper and ask for amendments if necessary.
Your paper will arrive in your inbox, or you can download it from your profile.
define a problem in your workplace or community persuasively and accurately
• propose a solution or solutions to the problem or issue
Steps to Take in Completing this Assignment:
• Locate at least seven articles on your topic. At least four articles should come from
scholarly journals or credible trade journals. You should use OneSearch through
UMUC’s Library and Information Services or individual databases through the library for
• Take notes, perhaps by applying the skills from your annotated bibliography exercise, on
• Write a synthesis of the articles. The synthesis will be 1000-1400 words.
In your synthesis, you will group the themes of the articles. For example, if you have
collected seven articles on the topic of paperless offices, you might find that three major
themes emerge from your perusing of the seven articles:
o common reasons for resisting the move to a paperless office
o costs of transitioning to a paperless office
o benefits of transitioning to a paperless office
Examples of Topics and the Role of this Assignment:
You might write a report on any one of the following topics. Please note that these are
examples of topics. You might not choose any of them. They are provided here to help illustrate
• a report to your manager at work suggesting that more teleworking options be given to
employees at your workplace
• a report to your supervisor at work suggesting that email be used less frequently for
communication and that another application be used to improve communication.
• a report to your manager at work suggesting that your office become paperless
• a report to the board of directors at your townhouse community to argue that the
playground area in your community should be renovated
• a report to the manager of your unit at work noting that recycling facilities in the
workplace should be improved
In any report of this nature, some background research is necessary. For example, consider the
following strategies when collecting background research for the topics mentioned above:
• For a report to your manager at work suggesting that more teleworking options be given
to employees at your workplace, some research studies on teleworking would be very
• For a report to your supervisor at work suggesting that email be used less frequently for
communication and that another application be used to improve communication, some
scholarly literature or articles from credible trade journals on transitioning to alternative
electronic communication would be beneficial. In addition, articles that demonstrate the
problems with email communication would add to the argument.
• For a report to your manager at work suggesting that your office become paperless, some
scholarly literature on paperless offices would be effective.
• For a report to the board of directors at your townhouse community to argue that the
playground area in your community should be renovated, some scholarly articles or trade
journal articles on the benefits of playground areas for communities, the benefits of
exercise for young children, the effect of such playground areas on home values, etc.
would be effective.
• For a report to the manager of your unit at work arguing that recycling facilities in the
workplace should be improved, some scholarly articles or studies on the challenges of
and benefits to implementing recycling facilities in organizations would be persuasive.
Of course, there are varieties of recycling programs. The articles you find would help
define what type of recycling program you would propose.
Length of your paper:
As noted above, your background review of the literature on your topic should be 1000-1400
words in length.
The sources should be cited throughout the paper in APA format and listed in a References page
at the end of the paper in APA format.
Your instructor will notify you of the due date. You will write a first draft, your instructor will
comment on the first draft, and you will submit a second draft using the comments as your guide.
You will find that your synthesis will be a helpful component of your final research-based report.
In fact, if your synthesis is well written, you might be able to take whole parts of it and copy it
into the final report. In any case, the skills and strategies you gain from writing the background
review and synthesis of literature will be very valuable in writing your final research-based
Topics to Help You Come Up with Ideas on this Assignment:
Some possible workplace research topics are the following. These are examples to help you get
started. Please contact your instructor to have other topic ideas approved.
• Going to a wireless network
• Going to a paperless office
• Switching from Windows to Linux (or other similar switch)
• Installing/upgrading company firewall
• Establishing a drug policy
• Establishing an employee leave donation program
• Establishing an equipment donation program for used computers, etc.
• Establishing a company recycling program (paper, etc.)
• Education/retraining for your employees
• Establishing a program for millennial workers (e.g., training on certain aspects of
etiquette, on understanding other generations, etc.)
• Designing a training program for workplace safety issues
• Redesigning employee performance evaluations
• Developing a work-at-home (telecommuting) policy
• Developing a flex-time policy
• Establishing on-site day care or providing other child care benefits
• Providing gym membership or creating an on-site workout facility
• Creating or revising a charitable contribution policy
• Creating or improving a tuition assistance program
• Accommodations needed for employee/s with specific health issues (for example,
• Establishing a Habitat for Humanity (or other group) chapter at your organization
Some students have chosen topics outside of their workplaces, such as the following:
• Starting a neighborhood watch program
• Starting a mentor program at your place of worship
• Getting additional lighting in the neighborhood
• Changing traffic patterns around your child’s school
• Starting a PTA website for your child’s school
• Installing a tot lot in your neighborhood
• Constructing a crying baby room at your place of worship
• Offering ESL courses at your church
• Increasing participation in a military Family Support Group
• Introducing a youth sports program to a school or community
Be advised that this service is completely legal and does not infringe any college/university law. The paper received from our company may be used as a source for a deeper comprehension on the subject.
WEBSITE LIVE CHAT:
+1 (289) 803-6873
Any Given Deadline