In this assignment you will design, describe, and justify the method you will use in your Final Paper to generate and collect data in order to evaluate the effectiveness of the policy or program you intend to evaluate. For guidance on the selection of the most logical, effective, and robust methodology, first look to the Rossi, Lipsey, and Freeman (2004) text or the Lipsey, Petrie,Weisburd, and Gottfredson (2006) article for the fundamental explanations and uses of various methodologies. Then, utilize your research skills to locate additional appropriate scholarly sources that focus on criminal justice or related topics to develop a workable, logical methodology. The methodology should be suitable for inclusion in presentation designed for a criminal justice professional setting. To streamline the process, you can simply peruse the articles posted in the Required Resources and Recommended Resources sections throughout the course in order to obtain a more pragmatic, or practical, approach to the uses of scientific methodologies in the world of evaluation. This assignment can later serve as the methodology section in your Final Paper if you so choose, so make certain to include any term that will be included in the evaluation. For additional guidance on determining evaluability, look to your Rossi, Lipsey, and Freeman (2004) text.
In your paper,
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Define the terms that will be used in your Final Paper. (For example, if you plan to evaluate whether a given police department policy reduces crime, you must define what you mean by the term crime.)
- Operationalize your concepts and terms that will ultimately be used in your Final Paper.
- Describe what you will evaluate in your Final Paper.
- Describe how you will determine the evaluability and measure the effectiveness of the policy or program you are evaluating.
- Address the impact of any political or ethical issues that might be associated with your measures.
The â€œDefine the Concept and Create Measureâ€ assignment
- Must be 750 to 1250 words in length (not including title and reference pages), double-spaced, and formatted according to APA style