Case Study: Resistance Training
On pages 139-147 of your course text, Wellness: Concepts and Applications (8th ed.), Assessment Activities 4-1, 4-2, 4-3, and 4-4 describe how strength and endurance can be assessed. After reviewing all four of these assessments, select one of the case studies below for this assignment.
Once you have selected a case study, complete the following steps:
- First, examine the assessments used to obtain the provided results for your client by addressing the following:
- What is the purpose of each of the assessments?
- What are the benefits of performing multiple assessments?
- Compare each of the assessments to one another. What is different and/or similar between them?
Next, assess the muscular strength and endurance status of your client by addressing the following:
- Calculate your client’s strength and endurance using each of the four Assessment Activities (4-1, 4-2, 4-3, and 4-4).
- Log your client’s results. Use the “Resistance Training Log” .
- Explain the results to your client (from your selected case study), use your client’s name and write as if you were speaking directly to them.