- Assessment Instructions
For this assessment, complete the following:
- Compile a list of twenty significant cultural developments from the past. You may use the Personal Significance activities (linked in the Resources under the Capella Multimedia heading) to help assemble this list:
- Describe the cultural developments you noted and then evaluate their application to modern life.
- Notice any compelling themes here. Are there any common themes or persistent forms of expression, or especially vital historical periods among your choices? Think about what the items you selected say about who you are and what gives your life meaning.
- Consider how these developments impact your everyday life in a personal way. The cultural background of humanities disciplines provide some structure, of course, but what really matters are your own feelings, perceptions, thoughts, and decisions.
- How does an understanding of the humanities impact your life?
How do you integrate the philosophical, religious,