1. WHO IS THE AUTHOR OF THE STORY “DESIREE’S BABY”?
2. FIND SOME BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION THAT EXPLAINS WHAT MAY HAVE INFLUENCED HER TO WRITE THE STORY.
3. PLEASE INCLUDE WHERE YOU FOUND THE INFORMATION.
4. PLEASE USE YOUR OWN WORDS AND INCLUDE A QUOTE FROM YOUR SOURCE.
5. MAKE SURE YOUR QUOTED INFORMATION HAS QUOTATION MARKS AROUND IT
1. Where had Madame Valmonde found Desiree for the first time when she was a baby?
b) Why had Armand’s mother never left France?
c) What was Madame Valmonds’s reply to Desiree’s letter?
d) During which month were they picking cotton at L’Abri?
e) What did Armand have put on the bonfire?
2. In your own words:
a) Describe Desiree.
a) Describe how Desiree and Armand met and fell in love.
3. What is the meaning of the following words in the context in which they appear:
4. What is the meaning of the phrase “He was reminded that she was nameless.” in the context in which it appears?
5. Why do you think La Blanche had that name?
6. 2. In your opinion, why did Desiree avoid the main road leading the the Valmondes’ and turn to the Bayou? Why did she choose the attire she did? What do you think happened to Desiree and her baby?
7. What was the “issue” with the baby? What was evidenced at the end of the story that determined why the baby had the “issue”?
8. Did the ending shock you? Why or why not?