A firms capital structure is the mix of financial securities used to finance its activities. The mix will always include common stock and will often include debt and preferred stock. The firm may have several classes of common stock, for example, with different voting rights and, possibly, different claims on the cash flows available to stockholders.
Perform a preliminary search and discuss the following question:
- Discuss the meaning of the Optimal Capital Structure.
- Discuss the Modigliani and Miller Propositions.
- What the M&M Propositions Tell Us.
- Select 2 companies in the same industry. Using the Internet, conduct research to find the companies current balance sheets, explain their capital structure, and calculate their EPS.
- Based on your research, which company has better financial position. Please discuss