In the professional nursing practice, nurses must provide unbiased care, even in situations where the person/s being treated have different backgrounds (language, religion, culture, ethnicity, etc.) than you. The first step in overcoming and minimizing personal biases is to recognize them. In this discussion, you will assess your personal biases. Answer the questions honestly and to the best of your ability, noting that there are no right or wrong answers.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Complete the General Awareness and Attitudes Scale
The General Awareness and Attitudes Scale is adapted from the Cultural Awareness Scale by Catterson, Cookston, Martinez, & Rew (1998). Answer the question as honestly as possible. There are no right or wrong answers.
Once you complete and score the General Awareness and Attitudes Scale, answer the following questions:
What does the scale say about you?
How strong are your biases?
NOTE: Do NOT post your individual scores. This discussion is not about how you score, but about personal discovery. In other words, the focus of this discussion is about what you learn about yourself. You also do NOT need to share your score with your academic coach.
How can you address these personal biases in your professional nursing practice?
Find the best tutors/writers
Only here on Study Help 24/7
Why Studyhelp247 is the best homework help website
We often see students asking why Studyhelp247 is the best homework help website and why many students use our services. Here is why:
- Our tutors are professionals in their respective subjects. This ensures that they submit high quality work to all our students.
- We have a strict anti-plagiarism policy, ensuring that students receive high quality and original work.
- Our pricing is the most student-friendly. Students pay 0% service fees, making it possible to receive help for as low as $5 per page.
- Our website is secure and privacy is our number on priority. Any question posted on aplusnursingexperts.com cannot be seen anywhere else.
- We have the most responsive customer support agents.
- We offer homework help services in all English-Speaking countries, making us a global homework help site.
We have helped over 5,000 students in close to 40 countries worldwide. Join the movement.
The post discussion board appeared first on Studyhelp247.