As a member of the Information Security team at a small college, you have been made the project manager to install an access control system (ACS) in a dormitory. The ACS will automatically unlock the dormitory doors via an electronic proximity reader and integrate with an existing security camera system. The cameras are designed to face and rotate to record a person as they use their identification card to unlock the door.
Create a 3-4 page project plan for this project in which you:
- Include a one-half page project scope statement.
- Define five (5) major tasks, each with one to two (1-2) subtasks. Also write a brief description for each task.
- Create a Gantt chart illustrating the project tasks (use Microsoft Project or a similar project management program).
- Create a system diagram illustrating the equipment and connections required for this project (use Microsoft Visio or a similar software package).
The specific Course Learning Outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Distinguish between non-functional and functional requirements.
- Use contemporary CASE tools in process and data modeling.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in systems analysis and development.
- Write clearly and concisely about Systems Analysis and Development topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.