1. Who is most likely to drop out of psychotherapy? Why?
2. Do clinical psychologists need to know how to conduct research? Why or why not?
3. Do you think you would make a good clinical psychologist? Why or why not?
4. Currently, in the field of clinical psychology, there is heightened concern over the use of evidence-based therapy in clinical practice. As the tension between research and clinical practice is not a new discussion, what are some factors that are contributing to a renewed interest in having clinicians apply therapies that have proven efficacy?
5. How important is educational level for effective psychotherapy?
6. Is there a personality type that would be particularly good as a clinical psychologist?
7. How do you think the PhD, MD degrees affect the conflict between psychologists and psychiatrists?