I need an explanation for this Management question to help me study.
350-word response that includes the following:
- Identify two keywords or phrases for each concept and provide insights.
- How and why do the words differ between the two columns?
- How would the suggestions in the TED Talk video change the way work is done?
Human Resource Management in Public Service
- Chapter 8, “Employee-Friendly Policies: Fashionable, Flexible, and Fickle” (pp. 297–348)
Berman, E. M., Bowman, J. S., West, J., & Van Wart, M. R. (2020). Human Resource Management in Public Service
[Powerpoint files & Study Questions via the Faculty Corner]
- Chapter 8, “Employee-Friendly Policies: Fashionable, Flexible, and Fickle”
Berman, E. M., Bowman, J. S., West, J., & Van Wart, M. R. (2020).
Jason Fried: Why Work Doesn’t Happen at Work
“Jason Fried has a radical theory of working: that the office isn’t a good place to do it. In his talk, he lays out the main problems (call them the M&Ms) and offers three suggestions to make work work.” TED-Ed (2013)
View time:15:20 minutes