Although experiential therapy and narrative therapy are both used in family therapy, these therapeutic approaches have many differences in theory and application. As you assess families and develop treatment plans, you must consider these differences and their potential impact on clients. For this Assignment, you compare Experiential and Narrative Family Therapy.
- Compare experiential family therapy to narrative family therapy
- Justify recommendations for family therapy
- Review this week’s Learning Resources and reflect on the insights they provide on experiential and family therapies.
In a 2- to 3-page paper, address the following:
- Summarize the key points of both experiential family therapy and narrative family therapy.
- Compare experiential family therapy to narrative family therapy, noting the strengths and weakness of each.
- Provide a description of a family that you think experiential family therapy would be appropriate, explain why, and justify your response using the Learning Resources.
Note: The College of Nursing requires that all papers submitted include a title page, introduction, summary, and references. The sample paper provided by the Walden Writing Center provides examples of those required elements (available at http://writingcenter.waldenu.edu/57.htm). All papers submitted must use this formatting.
Part 2: Family Genogram
Develop a genogram for the client family you selected. The genogram should extend back at least three generations (parents, grandparents, and great grandparents).