As you reviewed this weeks Learning Resources and completed this weeks Discussion, you may have reflected on your own health practices, including your behaviors, habits, and risk factors. In this Assignment, you have the opportunity to perform a self-assessment of your own modifiable risk factors. Use the provided Life Expectancy Calculator to estimate your life expectancy and consider what behaviors and habits might negatively affect your longevity. Then identify strategies to improve your health and formulate goals related to increasing longevity and health as well as reducing your risk of contracting disease.
To prepare for this Assignment,
- Complete the Life Expectancy Calculator assessment (http://mym.cdn.laureate-media.com/2dett4d/Walden/HLTH/2115/CH/mm/lifeexpectancy/content/hlth2115_lec.html) and reflect on your results. Consider how accurate you think the results are. Note any results that surprised you.
- Reflect on the information in this weeks Learning Resources, including the video, Determinants of Health: A Framework for Reaching Healthy People 2020 Goals. Consider some of the behaviors, habits, and modifiable risk factors that may impact your future health.
- Review the websites in this weeks Learning Resources and other credible sources of health information. Identify strategies for improving your health and addressing your modifiable risk factors.
- Consider the models and theories of health behavior change presented in the readings. Think of some short- and long-term goals related to your health and longevity toward which you could work on a daily basis.
To complete this Assignment, write a 2- to 4-page paper addressing the following:
- Summarize your results from the Life Expectancy Calculator assessment and analyze your initial reactions to those results.
- Describe at least three modifiable risk factors that may impact your life expectancy. Describe strategies you could use to address these factors and improve your daily health practices.
- Formulate one long-term goal and one short-term goal that you think will increase your life expectancy and reduce your risk of contracting preventable diseases. Explain how you will hold yourself accountable for the realization of those goals and how you will track your progress.
Support your work with specific citations from this weeks Learning Resources and additional scholarly sources as appropriate. Refer to the Essential Guide to APA Style for Walden Students to ensure that your in-text citations and reference list are correct.