Assignment 2: LASA 1—Employee Safety Handbook
You are a new HR specialist in a small hospital. The hospital has recently had an increase in accidents and work related incidents. The hospital administration has never had a full time HR specialist and is not sure where to begin to address this issue. One of the first tasks that you are to complete, is to create an employee safety handbook. The handbook will serve as a guide for employees on how they are to interact in a safe and productive work environment.
Create an employee safety handbook. Be sure to include the following:
- Explain the need for safe work environment.
- Identify the responsibilities of employees in maintaining a safe work environment.
- Incorporate employee relations doctrines.
- Delineate and describe OSHA standards as it relates to employees.
- Identify and address Joint Commission concerns as it relates to employees.
- Address ramifications if safety and performance management standards are not met.