Imagine the company you work for has recently expanded business operations into South America, and you have been asked to lead and manage a team in one of its new international divisions. Even though you have managed departments within the firm’s various locations across the United States, this will be your first assignment in a foreign country.
In preparation for your new role, the Director of International Operations has asked you to formulate and present a plan outlining your next steps for transitioning your team overseas. When developing your report for the Director and his committee, include the following:
- Determine the process for selecting your team.
- Explain the process for organizing your team.
- Prepare and summarize your strategy for addressing any challenges you may face once you arrive at your new location.
- Prepare and summarize your strategy for addressing the cultural differences which may impact the achievement of team goals and objectives.
- Provide timelines for the completion of transition processes.