Analyze and critique the theory and practice of the politics and governments of the United States and California.
In your essay writing for this course, use at least two of the following “tools” to analyze the piece. In your introductory paragraph (or second paragraph in some instances) mention which two tools you are using. This is the backbone of your thesis and should help with the structure and organization of your paper.
Feel free to employ your artistic freedom in your piece, and I do not grade based on my personal beliefs and values. I grade the essay based on the quality of the analysis, the supporting evidence/examples, grammar, structure, organization, and clarity. Length is not a factor, as an essay is only as long as it needs to be. That being said, an essay is not done until it has completed its purpose; in this case using two types of analyses to develop further understanding.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Analyze in an essay. Use two tools of analysis.
- Compare and contrast (two or three sections of a piece)
- Compare and contrast (with outside information/experts such as academic experts, politicians, textbooks, and other professional sources)
- Apply to something you know (pop culture, other text, experience, historical examples, other material)
- Reinterpret (put the author’s ideas into your own words, communicate their point in a new way)
- Relevance (does the author’s ideas apply to something going on today?)
- Argue for (provide several examples why the author is correct)
- Argue against (provide at least one example why the author is incorrect)
- Proscribe (criticize the author or the piece)
- Prescribe a solution to a problem the author raises, or propose a better solution than the author gives
- Identify if author has a bias and explain with examples
Then use outside information to give examples.
Include a full introduction of the author and his text (Francis Fukuyama, Origins of Political Order Chapter 5, “The Coming of the Leviathan”).
Thesis might look like: In order to better understand Fukuyama, we will compare and contrast two sections. Similarities and differences will be pronounced. These similarities and differences can be exemplified with pop culture. Using the popular show ___________ from Netflix, we can better understand Fukuyama’s argument about state formation.