- To enhance your understanding of this module, I recommend reading:
- Collins, Jim (2005) Good to Great and the Social Sector: A Monograph to Accompany Good to Great ISBN 9780977326402
- You can also download a free copy from here: https://www.academia.edu/35178239/Good_to_Great_and_the_Social_Sectors_A_Monograph_to_Accompany_Good_to_Great_JIM_COLLINS_pdf (Links to an external site.)
Answer the following questions:
- Define a “Level 5 Leader.” (.5 point)
- Give an example of a Level 5 leader you are familiar with. What makes them a Level 5 Leader? (.5 point)
- Why is it more difficult to be successful in the social sector than in the business sector? (.5 point)
- What is the Hedgehog Concept and why is it called that? (.5 point)
- How do you get “the right people on the bus?” List at least 2 suggestions from the presentation and discuss why those suggestions would be effective in getting the right people on the bus. (1 point)
- Answer the following: (1 point)
- What are you passionate about?
- What are you best in the world at?
- What drives your resource engine?
- After answering the above questions, tell me what is at the center (the center is your mission…tell me what your mission is. This can be your personal mission (what do you want to accomplish) and it should relate to your passion, what you are best at, and what drives your resource engine).
- Research a nonprofit organization (it can be an organization you know personally or just find one online and look at their website). Answer the following questions (please note that you probably won’t have access to information about all their resources or metrics, but give me your best guesses): (2 points)
- What are they passionate about? (Who or what are they serving?)
- How do they build strength? (What are their inputs/resources?)
- What are they the best in the world at? (What are they measuring? What are their metrics?)
- What is their HBAG?