How to Implement Enterprise Resource Planning Project Management
Project Execution Case Paper
For this assignment, you are to evaluate a sample project. The project involves implementation of an ERP (enterprise resource planning) system. In case you are not familiar with ERP systems, the ERP Definition and Solutions page at the CIO website, located in the study materials for this topic, may be helpful.
Read the following case: “The Challenge of Implementing an ERP System in a Small and Medium Enterprise – A Teaching Case of ERP Project Management”, located in study materials for this topic.
In a 2,000-2,250-word paper, analyze the case from a project management perspective by responding to the questions below. Be sure to formulate your responses based on the project management concepts that you have learned from experience and on the content thus far in the course:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Provide a brief introduction (short paragraph) outlining your paper. Do not summarize the case.
- What specific issues occurred on the project that led to the poor execution of the project?
- What were the specific consequences to the project’s poor execution?
- In the case, “The Challenge of Implementing an ERP System in a Small and Medium Enterprise – A Teaching Case of ERP Project Management”, locate and respond to question 3 in the “Questions for Discussion” section on page 295. In your discussion of the PMO, detail steps that would help monitor progress and mitigate risks. In case you are not familiar with a PMO, the “What is PMO in Project Management” page at the Wrike website, located in the study materials for this topic, provides an overview.
- Provide a brief conclusion (short paragraph) summarizing your paper.
- Provide a References List and cite each reference at least once in your paper. Provide at least six citations, excluding the citations listed in this assignment (no Wikipedia citations allowed).
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide..
This assignment uses a rubric (see below). Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
|Provides a brief introduction and conclusion||Introduction and conclusion are clearly present and insightful.|
|Discusses the specific issues that led to poor execution of the project||Discussion of the specific issues is clearly present and insightful. Six scholarly sources support your response.|
|Discusses the specific consequences of the project’s poor execution||Discussion of the specific consequences to the project’s poor execution is clearly present and insightful.|
|Discusses specific actions that should be taken related to project management process to ensure success, including techniques to monitor progress and mitigate risks. (C5.2)||Discussion of specific actions that should be taken related to project management process to ensure success is clearly presented. Discussion is perceptive.|
|Organization and Effectiveness|
|Thesis development and purpose||Thesis and/or main claim are comprehensive. The essence of the paper is contained within the thesis. Thesis statement makes the purpose of the paper clear.|
|Argument logic and construction||Clear and convincing argument that presents a persuasive claim in a distinctive and compelling manner. All sources are authoritative.|
|Mechanics of writing (includes spelling, punctuation, grammar, language use)||Writer is clearly in command of standard, written, academic English.|
|Paper format (Use of appropriate style for the major and assignment)||All format elements are correct.|
|Research citations (In-text citations for paraphrasing and direct quotes, and reference page listing and formatting, as appropriate to assignment and style)||In-text citations and a reference page are complete and correct. The documentation of cited sources is free of error.|