- Identify (list) the two basic types of cells.
- Would you find proteins inside cells or cells inside proteins? (choose one answer)
- What two things make osmosis a special type of diffusion?
- What is a selectively permeable membrane? (Also called a semi-permeable membrane.)
- Explain what happens to a cell when placed in isotonic, hypotonic and hypertonic solutions.
- Explain the basic organization (main components) of a plasma membrane. Include at least 4 distinct parts.
- Identify (a) a similarity and (b) a difference between facilitated transport and active transport; do not state they both move substances across membranes.
- What is an organelle? Which organelle is a processing, packaging and shipping center for proteins and lipids?
- Where would you find the nucleolus? What happens there?
- What is the role of the ribosome?
- Which organelle digests macromolecules, worn out cell parts, debris and disease-causing microbes?
- What structures are associated with cell movement?
- What is the most significant difference in structure between rough and smooth ER? What type of macromolecule do each produce?
- Which organelle makes ATP?
- What is the most important product of cellular respiration?
- List the three major steps in cellular respiration. (3 pts)
- How does the body use the oxygen that we breathe? In other words, what is oxygen’s final function?
- What ATP producing process occurs during anaerobic conditions?
- Glucose enters cells from the blood stream by what type of transport?
- What are the 4 major types of tissue? (List.)
- What type of epithelial cells are found in the lining of the nose?
- The skin is the major organ of the _____________ system. The top layer of the skin is called the ______________. (2 pts)
- What organs are part of the nervous system? What does the system do for the body?
- Which organ system consists of glands that secrete hormones into the bloodstream?
- List 3 organs found in the abdominal cavity.
- Explain how a negative feedback mechanism differs from a pos
Be advised that this service is completely legal and does not infringe any college/university law. The paper received from our company may be used as a source for a deeper comprehension on the subject.
WEBSITE LIVE CHAT:
Any Given Deadline