introduction methodology successes failures and process groups
The final project involves analyzing a case study by applying several project management principles learned in this course. By identifying the project management methodology, areas of success, potential issues, and process group components in the case study, you will hone your ability to analyze real-world problems and propose solutions that are consistent with company culture and strategy.
For this milestone assignment, you will write a paper that addresses the following critical elements of the final project: I, II.A–C, and III.
- Evaluate alternative project management methodologies based on project requirements
- Analyze the key elements of projects and project management methodologies
- Evaluate the effectiveness of project management efforts
- Analyze the role of process groups in the management of a project
Plan at a Glance
This is the recommended plan for completing the reading assignments and activities within the module. Additional information can be found in the module Reading and Resources section and in the task list.
- Read the required sections of the textbook and other required resources.
- Post to the Case Scenario: Project Management Methodologies discussion topic; respond to two classmates.
- Review and submit Milestone One.
Reading and Resources
Textbook: Project Management: The Managerial Process, Chapter 16: Introduction, 16.1, 16.2, 16.5
This chapter provides an overview of agile project management and compares it to traditional project management. While reading this material, consider these questions:
- What are the pros and cons of each methodology?
- Are there certain types of projects that are best suited for these methodologies?
- Are you currently using one of these methodologies?
Textbook: A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)
Read the following appendix of this e-book:
- Appendix X3
This appendix describes the traditional, agile, and extreme project management methods. While reading this appendix, compare the general strategy of each method and think about their strengths and weaknesses.
Article: 16 Top Project Management Methodologies
The infographic in this article provides a visual snapshot of 16 popular management methodologies.
Need your ASSIGNMENT done? Use our paper writing service to score good grades and meet your deadlines.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper