Speaker name: David M. Smith, L Brands
Assignment: Guest Speaker Prep
- To investigate background of our guest speakers.
- To investigate current retail news, focusing on company of guest speaker, and/or implications of events/trends on their company.
- To practice being curious by developing and asking thoughtful, insightful questions of retail industry practitioners, questions that will enhance your knowledge of the field.
- Search for information about the guest speaker. Pay attention to experiences in the speaker’s background that relate to the retail industry.
- Search for information about the guest speaker’s company, including both history and recent news about the company.
- Develop a list of 3-5 questions relating to career matters, general retail knowledge (relevant to course content) and recent company news. Questions should ask about information that is not obvious from publicly available information.
- Compose a document (one-page maximum (not including reference list), single-spaced):
- Summarizing information about the speaker using terminology from the course.
- Summarizing information about the speaker’s company/industry events relevant to speaker’s company using terminology from the course.
- Listing your questions.
Grading: Each Guest Speaker Prep is worth 10 points.