Participants must create a thread in order to view other threads in this forum.
- Read the directions for this discussion board prior to participating.
- Fully participate and use Netiquette:
- Make sure you directly and completely address the discussion forum question(s)/topic.
- You must respond to at least one of your fellow classmates evaluating their ideas and offering further suggestions for improvement and experimentation.
- You must post your initial post by (mid-week) (Faculty; add Day) and post your reply by the due date. You must post as instructed so your classmates will have the opportunity to read your work, reflect, and reply.
- Make sure to use proper grammar and punctuation.
- Comply with Netiquette Guidelines in the “Getting Started” area and include a salutation to your classmate, such as Dear John Student.
Graduation Fact: The number 3 factor Miami Dade College students said that helped them succeed and graduate is good study habits.
Reference: MDC Institutional Research. 2016-17 Graduating Student Survey.
1. Discuss the Cornell notetaking method (based on the activity in this lesson). Also, discuss 2 other notetaking success strategies you learned. How will you incorporate these notetaking tools in school and beyond after you have read this week’s Lesson and watched the videos ?
2. What are the main reasons you take notes?
3. How do you use your notes to identify main points, important terms, definitions, and synthesize information as you prepare for study and examinations?
4. How are you strengthening your listening, concentration, and organizational skills so that notetaking is becoming an active, valued activity for you?