Literature Search Assignment
Literature Search Written Assignment
• This is a written assignment that requires you to practice the skills gained in the APA formatting modules and the How to Search CINAHL Video. The assignment is worth 50 points
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Knowledge of the topic/depth of discussion: 20 points
• Knowledge of the topic/depth of discussion: 20 points
• Paper begins with a brief introduction paragraph describing a patient care issue that you have encountered either in your current practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) or as a nursing student.
• Describes two independent nursing intervention used in caring for your patient.
• Discusses if you believe that the interventions used
• Must be Independent Nursing Interventions. • Autonomous actions that are initiated by the
nurse in response to a nursing diagnosis
• Do not use • Protocols • Collaborative interventions: actions that the nurse
performs in collaboration with other health care professionals and that may require a physician’s order
• Don’t forget to look in your Nursing Diagnosis Handbook
Structure of Paper 10 points
• Make sure you have introduction and conclusion paragraphs. • Your paper should flow from one topic to the next in an
Quality of references/sources of information: 10 points
Using CINHAL as your database search for one nursing research article published in the last 5 years, in peer reviewed nursing journals, for each of the two interventions described in your paper, that could help you determine what “best practice” is (total of 2 articles). The articles should be aimed at determining if your nursing interventions were appropriate for the patient situation you described. When discussing research minimally include: The aim of the study, what population did the authors look at, what the results are and how are they relevant to your discussion? Download the research articles in CINHAL and submit them with your paper in the appropriate drop box
• When discussing research, you need to minimally include: The aim of the study, what population did the authors look at, what are the results and how are they relevant to your discussion/nursing intervention
Spelling and grammar: 5 points
Make sure to proofread your paper for spelling and grammar.
When you see something underlined in blue it indicates a spacing or grammatical error. To make the correction click on the word and view the suggested corrections.
Words underlined in red indicate a spelling error.
• Review APA policy for RN to BSN Courses. • All sources of information in your paper must be
cited and all citations must have a corresponding reference
Examples of Previous Student Topics
• Pressure Ulcer Prevention
• Pt with COPD
• Pain control (acute and chronic)
• Fall risk
• Indwelling Foley catheter
• Non-compliant patient
• Prevention of ventilator associated pneumonia
• Confused or agitated patient
• First time breastfeeding mother
• Unintentional hypothermia in a post-surgical patient
Literature Search Assignment
• Remember because this assignment is asking you to examine your practice and nursing interventions you would use in caring for a patient you have encountered it will be written in first person.
• It is totally acceptable to write in the first person in an APA Style paper. If you did something, say, “I did it”—there’s no reason to hide your own agency by saying “the author [meaning you] did X” or to convolute things by using the passive “X was done [meaning done by you].” (http://blog.apastyle.org/apastyle/2014/05/me-me- me.html)
• Review the syllabus and the grading rubric to make sure you understand what you are being graded on.
• Interventions must be independent nursing functions
Plug for the Writing Center
• Marian E. Wright Writing Center University of Michigan-Flint Thompson Library, 3rd Floor (810) 766-6602
• Will help you online with suggestions to improve your papers!
Thompson Library • If you are still having problems with your literature searches don’t forget to use the
resources available to you at the Thompson Library. These services are free to all students.
• We’re Here to Help!
• Call Us: 810-762-3408
• Email Us: email@example.com
• Text Us: 810.407.5434 (text messages only, standard SMS rates may apply)
• Chat with Us: There is an online chat room available several hours each day.
• Laura Friesen is the librarian who handles most of the questions asked by nursing students. 317 Thompson Library Phone: 810.766.6781 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
7/28/21, 8:07 PM Page 1 of 1