4 SEPARATE ASSIGNMENTS—–NO plagiarism, copy, or paste**Please answer all Questions and include all References.
Part 1—–Medical and Public Health PHE3070—–150 words
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
· Explore the Chronic Disease Indicators website. Next, select one chronic disease indicator of interest to you. Using the required readings and websites for this week, respond to the following:
o Describe the most significant functions of knowledge management associated with the health indicator selected.
o List and describe the various web-based data query programs that are available in Georgia.
o Compare and contrast the individual state, CDC, and WHO websites and state the similarities and differences between the types of public health data available with both these organizations.
o Examine some of the challenges knowledge management presents to public health professionals using tools such as surveillance systems and other technology advancements.
Part 2 MicroBiology Lab—— 150 words
Disinfectants and the Kirby-Bauer Method
Using the Internet, research about disinfectants and the Kirby-Bauer method. Based on your research, respond to the following:
Based on your research, respond to the following:
· What are the three mechanisms by which disinfectants work? Describe.
· Which microbes are most susceptible versus most resistant to disinfectants? Why?
· What are the factors that influence the size of the zone of inhibition of an antibiotic when employing the Kirby-Bauer method? How can this method determine if an antimicrobial agent is bactericidal or bacteriostatic?
Part 3 Microbiology——200
As a fresh research intern, you are a part of the hypothetical National Anthrax Eradication Program. Your first task is to present a detailed summary on this lethal disease.
· What organism produces this disease and how?
· What are the four different locations where an anthrax infection can occur? Describe each of these locations. What are the reasons why these locations allow the infection to occur?
· What are the different scientific methods that have been tried, tested, and implemented towards Anthrax prevention and cure in the past decade?
· Why is Anthrax such a potent weapon of bioterrorism? What are its characteristics that make it so?
Part 4—Two Page Assignment include References—cover and reference page NOT needed
Week 6 – Review Sheet Exercise 1 – Disinfectants
1. What does bactericidal mean? Bacteriostatic? Virucidal? Fungistatic?
2. Why are control cultures necessary in evaluating disinfectants?
3. What factors can influence the activity of a disinfectant?
4. Why do microorganisms differ in their response to disinfectants?
5. What microorganisms are most susceptible to disinfectants?
Exercise 2 – Antimicrobial Agent Susceptibility Testing and Resistance
1. What is meant by antimicrobial resistance? Susceptibility?
2. Why are pure cultures used for antimicrobial susceptibility testing?
3. Would it be acceptable to use a mixed culture for this test? Why?
4. List three factors that can influence the accuracy of the test.
5. When performing a broth dilution test, why is it necessary to include a growth control tube? A sterility control tube?