Technology plays an important role in supporting decision making. This major project will focus on supporting decision-making by exploring some of the features within Microsoft Excel including the basic filter, custom filter, conditional formatting, as well as pivot tables. It will also include the creation of a “Point Paper” to explain your Excel Workbook to your company’s leadership.
Let’s assume that you work for a small business and have been asked to perform the following tasks to aid in various decisions:
1. Show all information for only customers who live in the North region.
2. Show all information for only customers who (a) live in the North region, (b) own their homes, and (c) have only one household member.
3. Show all information for customers who have at least 4 household members.
4. Show all information for customers who (a) have spent less than $20 or (b) more than $100.
5. Show all information for all customers highlighting those customers who have spent more than $100.
6. Provide a two-dimensional table that counts the number of customers by the categories of REGION and RENT VS. OWN.
7. Provide a two-dimensional table that both (a) counts the number of customers and (b) sums the TOTAL PURCHASES of customers by the categories of REGION and RENT VS. OWN.
8. Provide a three-dimensional table that counts the number of customers by the categories of REGION, RENT VS. OWN, and NUM HOUSEHOLD.
First, read the attached Extended Learning Module D: Decision Analysis with Spreadsheet Software document. Then, create the requested worksheet summaries listed above. You will need to use Microsoft Excel in order to complete this assignment. Microsoft Excel is available at no cost to Regent students via the Office 365 application listed in the Course Resources section of our Blackboard course. The attached XLMD_Customer.xlsx data file should be used to complete the assignment.
Once you have completed each request, please:
- Submit one Excel workbook including 8 worksheets illustrating each exercise.
- Submit a one page “Point Paper” (see example for reference) explaining the content of your Excel workbook, providing a hypothetical scenario for the source and use of its content, and providing a recommendation for your company’s action.
- Lastly can you please make it colorful for presentation.