Organizational Chart Assessment help
Discussion: Organizational Chart Assessment
Think about a particular organization. How would you depict the reporting structure in this organization? What is the flow of communication and decision making between various people? Does the image in your mind match with one (or more) of the organizational structures discussed in this week’s Learning Resources? Why or why not?
For anyone working in a health care setting, looking at the organizational chart can provide useful information about the context that affects daily practice as well as the achievement of longer term goals. For managers, understanding the structure and dynamics portrayed in such a chart—as well as those that may be missing—is especially important.
For this Discussion, you analyze an organizational chart from the point of view of nursing management.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Obtain a copy of an organizational chart which does not have a shared governance model. You can find a list of current magnet–recognized hospitals at: http://www.nursecredentialing.org/Magnet/FindaMagn…
- Examine both organizational charts through the lens of management (i.e., think about the responsibilities and concerns that you, as a manager, may have).
- Review Marquis and Huston (2015) page 279, Display 12.5 The 14 Forces of Magnetism for Magnet Hospital Status and Learning Exercise 12.4
- Think about how the organizational charts align?
- Think about how communication actually occurs at your organization.
By Day 3
Post and Compare and contrast the organizational chart you identified to the shared governance model on Marquis and Huston (2015, p. 277). Consider major components of organizational structure and communication such as centrality and decentralization. Describe at least five of the “forces of magnetism” and compare how the magnet and non–magnet organizations meet them or need improvement in these areas (Marquis & Huston, 2015, p. 279, Display 12.5).
1-3 pages APA format
3 peer reviewed references within last 5 years
Pages 277 & 279 attached