A philosophy of nursing is a written paper declaring a nurse’s beliefs, values, and ethical considerations regarding their practice of nursing. The purpose of this paper is to provide you with the opportunity to reflect on your nursing care and treatment of patients and how you see yourself as a practicing nurse and an individual. You will find that your nursing philosophy is dynamic, growing as you grow personally and professionally.
Write a scholarly paper using the following:
- Discuss your professional belief system of nursing. This will include broad statements of your values and beliefs that propose the nature and concerns of nursing and its moral obligations to society.
- Use the nursing theory you chose for the nursing theory PowerPoint. Explain the theory and how your values and beliefs are guided by the theory.
- Provide your definition of nursing based on your personal belief system and nursing theory.
- Give at least two examples of how you apply your definition of nursing to your nursing practice.
- The scholarly paper should be in narrative format, no more than three (3)pages in length excluding the title and reference pages. An abstract is not needed. Include an introductory paragraph and a conclusion.
- Include Level 1 and 2 headings to organize the paper (see below).
- This scholarly paper is intended to include first person formatting, with statements such as “Ibelieve…” or “My values include…”
- Include a minimum of four (4) professional peer-reviewed scholarly journal references, professional organizations, or government websites to support the paper. At least two (2) of the four (4) references are current peer reviewed journal articles.References must be no greater than five (5) years old unless considered a “classic source”.
- APA format is required (attention to spelling/grammar, a title page, a reference page, and citations).
- Review your Turnitin Similarity Score and make any needed changes.If the score is greater than 20%, you must revise the paper prior to submission. A Turnitin Similarity Score of 20% or less is required by the RN to BSN Program.