Interview and report on a local schoolâ€™s assessment and placement practices for ELLs. You may interview the ELL instructor that you have observed during your observations for this course, another ELL instructor from a Title I school, or an administrator of a Title I school in your area. Inquire also about how placement is determined for both special education and gifted ELLs. Your questions might include (but should not be limited to) the following:
- What are the indicators of exceptionality that a classroom teacher should look for when a student also has a language barrier?
- How can informal as well as formal assessment results factor into placement?
- What role do parents and teachers have in placement?
- What are some primary factors that are exhibited in underachievement that may not necessarily signal special education needs?
- What types of multiple assessments are used?
- How are multiple assessments created?
- What are the criteria for the utilization of multiple assessments?
Consolidate your findings in a 500-word essay, supporting your findings with at least three current sources from your readings and the GCU library to support your reasoning.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.