Poster Speech Self Concept Presenting Self and Perceived Self Personal Viewpoint Essay
In this assignment, you will demonstrate what you learned in chapters 1 and 2
- Self Concept: Your image of who you are… strengths, weaknesses, abilities, and limitations.
- Perceived Self: How you see “you.”
- Presenting Self: How you present yourself to others.
Your SELF CONCEPT develops in many ways:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Looking-glass self: you gain information based on how people (significant others) behave/react toward you.
- Social comparisons: compare yourself to peers, older siblings, etc.
- Cultural teachings: parents, extended family, religious leaders…
- You will speak about your PERCEIVED and PRESENTING selves.
- You will create a poster board that will serve as a cheat sheet and visual aid to visually present, with words, pictures, or both, how you see yourself and how others see you.
- Interview friends, family, and coworkers to find out how you present yourself to them.
- Ask them for words that describe you with examples of why they think this word describes you.
Ex: “organized” because you always know where everything is in your room and you like to help others around you stay organized.
- Put these 5-10 words on one side of your poster.
- Brainstorm for words describing how you see yourself
- Select examples that help illustrate the above words
- Add these words to your Perceived Self side of your poster. You can include pictures to illustrate the traits you placed on the board.
Ex: The word “Studious” with a picture of books or the library. Then you might say “I take my studies seriously and am pursuing a degree in Nursing.”
Just write typical traits of a good 21-year-old girl.
Some words you can use to describe me is: Studious, organized, kind, friendly, impatient, perseverant, enthusiastic, generous, honest, trustworthy, non judge-mental, humble, adventurous, sometimes pessimist.