Preventing Shortage of Labor in Terms of Speed and Revocability
- The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
- Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
- Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
- Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
- Late submission will NOT be accepted.
- Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
- All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
- Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
- This Assignment comprise of a short
- Assignment is to be submitted by each student individually.
Assignment Purposes/Learning Outcomes:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
After completion of Assignment-2 students will able to understand the
Lo 1.1-Demonstrate overall Human Resource concepts, goals and strategies within the context of organizations goals and strategies.
Lo 1.6 & 1.7-Demonstrate a thorough understanding of an HR Strategic planning which includes Effective job analysis, Recruitment and selection strategies.
- Please read the Case “For Personal Financial advisors, A Small Staffing Plan with a Big Impact” at the end of Chapter 5 (page 224), “Human Resource Planning and Recruitment” available in your textbook Human Resource Management: Gaining A Competitive Advantage-Noe, Hollenbeck, Gerhart, Wright,11e., and answer the following questions:
Assignment Question(s): (Marks 5)
- Is a company ever too small to need to engage in human resource planning? Why or why not? Discuss whether you think Robert Reed planned his hiring strategy at an appropriate time in the firm’s growth.(Marks: 1.5)
- Using Table 5.3, review the options for avoiding a labor shortage, and discuss how well the options besides new hires could have worked as ways for Reed to reach his goals for growth. As you do so, consider qualities of a financial-planning business that might be relevant (for example, direct client contact and the need for confidentiality).(Marks: 2.5)
- Suppose that when Reed was seeking to hire a certified financial planner, he asked you for advice on where to recruit this person. Which sources would you suggest, and why? ( Mark:1)