Assignment Overview-Please Attachment for Example Image
Two primary outcomes of HR management are recruitment and selection. Through HR planning, managers anticipate the future supply of and demand for employees and the nature of workforce issues, including the retention of employees. These factors are used when recruiting applicants for job openings. Being able to recruit and retain the “best” employees has been a difficult task for HR managers. The “best” employees are not necessarily the most qualified individuals (e.g., those with the most education or work experience); they are the individuals who provide value to an organization, who complement the organization, who understand and embrace the organization’s mission, and who fit the culture of the organization. This quandary is a result of a number of different variables such as job satisfaction, organizational commitment, job performance, and motivation.
Furthermore, contemporary HR managers also are tasked with assisting with peak performance initiatives because of escalated global demands and competition.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Homework Case Assignment
Go to the Occupational Outlook Handbook, latest edition (https://www.bls.gov/ooh/ ) and read about a Human Resource Manager generalist position. [A generalist is someone who covers many HR functions, as opposed to a specialist who might be responsible for only one or two functions or sub-functions of HRM.] Assume that this is a position you as an HR consultant need to fill for a client in your home state. In this assignment address each of the following:
- Develop/include a job announcement/ad to fill the opening. (1 page or 1-3 slides)
- Identify and explain your advertising and recruiting strategies to find candidates qualified for this opening for your client company. (1 page or 2 slides)
- Go to a website such as Indeed.com and locate a job announcement for the same position. Alternatively, you can meet with your company’s HRM and review a similar job announcement. Compare the obtained announcement with the one you created and write about the differences you see. Which ones are in the announcement you obtained but not in your created announcement? Which ones are in your announcement but not in the one you found? Would you change your announcement to incorporate any of the differences that you noted being on one announcement but not in the other? Why or why not? (1 page or 1-4 slides)
- Describe which recruiting and selection processes you will use to choose the best person for the job. (1 page or 1-2 slides)
- Create a recruitment flyer that you could put on your company website. Be creative with this requirement. (Match the flyer design to the company’s industry.)
- Support your work by using high-quality references (at least one that is found in the Trident Online Library. High-quality references come from peer-reviewed academic journals.
You have a choice: Your submission can be a 5-page Word document (not counting the cover page or the reference page), a 4- to 5-minute video, or a 10+ slide presentation (not counting the cover slide or reference slide page), with voiceover or added speaker comments on the notes section of each slide.
Proofread your work and make sure it is as professional-appearing as possible. If you are submitting a PowerPoint presentation, remember that people today do not want to watch a PowerPoint presentation with slides that are full of words. They want to see no more than 5 words and a picture on every slide. All those words you want to put on the slides belong only on the note pages. A best practice is to insert one short bullet point on each slide. If you want multiple very short bullet points on one slide, then transition each bullet point in one at a time (although recent studies show people do not want to see transitions, either). In addition, the pictures of people should be real people, not clip art, and pictures of employees of the company are preferable. One exception to this “5 words and a picture” rule is with the required job announcement.
In MGT407 (Principles of Human Resource Management) information literacy is assessed at the “introduced level.” Later, in MGT411 (Advanced Topics in Human Resource Management), you will be assessed for information literacy at the reinforced level, and finally in MGT491 (Capstone in HRM) at the emphasized level. Information literacy assignments build upon each other and aim to offer you the opportunity to enhance and practice your information literacy skills. In the below diagram, you will notice that to be truly ‘information literate’ requires that you simultaneously develop:
- * awareness of how you engage with the digital world
- * how you find meaning in the information you discover
- * how to articulate what kind of information you require
- * how to use information ethically
- * understand the role you can play in the communication in your profession, and
- how you evaluate information for credibility and authority.
These are the things I will grade you on in your assignment submission
Source: Coonan, E., & Jane, S. (2014, April 29). My dolly’s bigger than your dolly, or, Why our labels no longer matter. Retrieved from https://libguides.madisoncollege.edu/InfoLitStudents
The grading rubric for information literacy at the undergraduate level has been developed to measure student success in meeting the MGT407 Case 2 expectations related to information literacy.
Visit Trident’s Student Guide to Writing a High-Quality Academic Paper for instruction on writing papers, citing sources, proper referencing, and so forth.
Your submission will be assessed on the criteria found in the Information Literacy grading rubric for this assignment:
- Demonstrate critical thinking and analysis of the relevant issues and HRM actions, drawing on your background reading and research.
- Information Literacy: Evaluate resources and select only library/Web-based resources that provide reliable, substantiated information.
- Give authors credit for their work. Cite sources of borrowed information in the body of your text as footnotes or numbered end notes, or use APA style of referencing.
- Proofread your submission carefully for grammar, spelling, and word-usage errors.
Rubrics for the other two courses are included in their respective written communications assignments.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
primary outcomes of HR management was first posted on January 25, 2020 at 10:35 am.
©2019 "Nursing Paper Help". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at admin@academicheroes
primary outcomes of HR management was first posted on January 26, 2020 at 1:54 pm.
©2019 "Essay Lords | Bringing Excellence to students world wide". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at support@academicheroes