introducing yourself to your instructor and classmates.
Treat this assignment as you would on the job. Establishing your identity in a community is a common
first step in a position that you have recently secured! Your boss has asked you to post a message
introducing yourself so that s/he can make the best use of your skills.
Your introductory e-mail message should include the following content:
• Biographical information, including your name, where you are from, what you prefer to be
called, your hobbies, what clubs you belong to, and your primary e-mail address, and any social
media sites that you are willing to share with work colleagues
• Include an appropriate photo
• Academic major, area of specialization, career and personal goals
• Writing experiences at TAMUK, on the job, or in other areas, with details of specific writing
projects you have completed
• Technological skills, including what software you are comfortable using
You must complete the assignment by 11:59 pm on Sunday, Sept. 6. You will get 20 bonus points for
completing the assignment by the deadline and meeting the word count.