Assignment 3: Research Design Questions
Suppose you were going to create your own study to examine what course-delivery format (online, blended, or face-to-face) leads to the best performance in a psychological statistics class. In a paper identify the following for your study:
- What is your research question?
- What is your hypothesis (both null and alternate)?
- Is this a qualitative or quantitative design (based on type of variable collected) and why?
- Is this a descriptive, correlational or experimental design and why?
- What would be an example of a variable for this study that could be measured on a nominal scale? Ordinal scale? Interval scale? Ratio scale?
- Once you have collected your data, would you use inferential or descriptive statistics and why?
- Create a sample frequency distribution for one of the variables. Choose either a simple or grouped frequency distribution and explain your choice.
By Monday, August 31, 2015, deliver your assignment to the M1: Assignment 3 Dropbox.
|Assignment 3 Grading Criteria||
|Identified an appropriate research question||
|Correctly identified the null and alternative hypotheses.||
|Explained whether your study would be classified as a qualitative or quantitative design and why.||
|Explained whether your study would be classified as a descriptive, correlational or experimental design and why.||
|Provided an example of a variable for this study that could be measure on a nominal scale, ordinal scale, interval scale, and ratio scale.||
|Explained whether inferential or descriptive statistics would be used to analyze the data collected and why.||
|Created a sample frequency distribution for one of the variables. Selected either a simple or grouped frequency distribution and explained choice.||
|Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.||