REACTION PAPER #2
HIS 101 – Western Civ
NVCC Annandale –
Group #2 – Due Monday November 26th
- The Capture of Jerusalem by Saladin http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/source/1187saladin.html
- The Magna Carta http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/source/magnacarta.html
- “The Prince” by Machiavelli http://www.constitution.org/mac/prince00.htm
- One Page Typed Paper
- Single Spaced
- Font Size no larger than 12
- Turn in at beginning of class
- HARD COPY REQUIRED – do not email
- Do not write a summary.
- Include: Identifications, Analysis & Reaction
After reading one of the above selections complete the following:
Write a 3 paragraph, one page paper. Please use the following format. This is a pass/fail assignment. If you follow these instructions you will pass and get one point, if you do not follow these instructions you will fail and get zero points.
Paragraph #1: Identifications
Using specific terms, people, places from history (the powerpoints and/or textbook) connect the reading to specific historical developments. This paragraph must have 5-7 specific terms in complete sentence and paragraph format. Do not write a summary.
Paragraph #2: Analysis
Analyze the reading for its importance and value. All of these readings are very old, so why do we still bother reading them today? What is their value to us? Why are they important? Analyze the reading in paragraph format.
Paragraph #3: Reaction
What is your opinion of the reading? Did you enjoy reading it? Did you like it? Did it remind of you something/somewhere/someone else? Write a paragraph.