As part of the course project, in Week 1, you will select an NPO of your choice. You should choose an organization in which an appropriate executive or manager will grant you reasonable access to key personnel, documentation, and other relevant information. Consider the Internet, interviews, and other research methods to select your organization. Please keep in mind that an NPO may require you to sign a disclosure agreement. Select your organization following a review of all the weekly research requirements in the course to satisfy yourself that your NPO has the information and resources you will need.
For your course project, you need to perform the following tasks:
- Research various NPOs and select one for analyzing.
- Write an analysis about why you chose this NPO.
- Select a key manager to serve as an organizational liaison.
- Develop a written agreement between you and the NPO and obtain necessary signatures.
Write a 2- to 3-page paper in a Microsoft Word document stating the following:
- The name and brief background of the NPO you have chosen.
- Reasons for selecting this NPO.
- A biographical sketch of NPO liaison.
- The list of available organizational resources, including key personnel, documentation, and other relevant information.