running an independent samples t test
Run a descriptive statistics and an independent-samples t test using the IT Security dataset. The independent-samples t test procedure compares means for two groups of cases; for example, when testing a new drug, a researcher may compare results from a treatment group with the results of a placebo (control) group.
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Review Lesson 24, “Independent-Samples t test,” in the Green and Salkind text.
- Consider how descriptive statistics inform the researcher.
- Review the media, The t Test for Independent Samples.
- Review the Assignment Exemplar document provided in this week’s Learning Resources.
Submit a 3- to 4-page paper using the Assignment Exemplar:
Your paper must include the following elements:
- An APA Results section for Independent Samples t test. (See an example of an APA Results section on page 160 in the Green and Salkind text.)
- The critical elements of your SPSS output, including:
- A properly formatted research question
- A properly formatted H10 (null) and H1a (alternate) hypothesis
- A descriptive statistics narrative and properly formatted descriptive statistics table
- A properly formatted box plot (see page 128 of the Green and Salkind text)
- A properly formatted inferential APA Results Section (see page 128 of the Green and Salkind text)
- An appendix including the SPSS output generated for descriptive and inferential statistics (see SPSS output on page 128 of the Green and Salkind text)
- Be sure your APA Results section includes the governing assumptions of the test you ran.
Need your ASSIGNMENT done? Use our paper writing service to score good grades and meet your deadlines.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper