Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
- Explain the steps of the scientific method and their importance to invention and innovation.
- What is a pseudoscience? Why do they fail to conform to the scientific method?
- Research 1 of the influential scientists listed below, and report your findings to the class.
- Give a brief history of the scientist.
- Explain his or her contribution to science.
- Describe to the class how his or her discovery has shaped modern science of the 21st century.
List of influential scientists to select from:
- Alexander Fleming (1881–1955) for his contribution on penicillin
- Ernst Ruska (1906–1988) for his contribution on electron microscopes
- Marie Curie (1867–1934 for her contribution on radioactivity
- William Harvey (1578–1657) for his contribution on blood flow
- Louis Pasteur (1822–1895) for his contribution on germ theory of disease and the rabies vaccination