Week 4: Reflection On Learning
The purpose of this assignment is to provide the student an opportunity to reflect on the weekly concepts learned in the course.
Activity Learning Outcomes
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
CO1: Integrate evidence-based and research to support advancement of holistic nursing care in diverse healthcare settings. (PO 1,4)
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
CO2: Integrate knowledge related to evidence-based practice and person-centered care to improve health outcome. (PO 1, 2)
CO3: Demonstrate professional and personal growth through a spirit of inquiry, scholarship, and service in diverse healthcare settings. (PO 3, 4)
CO4: Develop knowledge related to research and evidence-based practice as a basis for designing and critiquing research studies. (PO 1, 5)
CO5: Analyze research findings and evidence-based practice to advance holistic care initiatives that promote positive healthcare outcomes. (PO 1, 2, 5)
- Reflection: write 1-2 paragraphs reflecting on your learning for the week. Guiding questions are provided or you may write about what you felt was most significant to you for the week.
You will need to post your reflection here before you are able to see other students’ posts.
- How hard was it to find a qualitative article related to your area of interest?
- Did you have any difficult determining whether the articles you reviewed were qualitative?
- Is the qualitative approach appropriate for your area of interest? Would you be able to replicate the study you found?
- Overall, which research design (quantitative, qualitative, or mixed methods) do you feel is best suited to your area of interest?
required reading Dang, D., & Dearholt, S. (2018). Johns Hopkins Nursing Evidence-Based Practice: Model & Guidelines (Links to an external site.). Sigma Theta Tau International.
- Review Ch. 6: Evidence appraisal: Research summary
- Review Ch. 11: Lessons from practice: Using the JHNEBP tools Figure 11.4
Gray, J. R., Grove, S. K., & Sutherland, S. (2017). Burns and Grove’s the practice of nursing research: Appraisal, synthesis, and generation of evidence (8th ed.). Elsevier.
- Chapter 4: Introduction to qualitative research
- Chapter 12: Qualitative research methodologies
- Chapter 18: Critical appraisal of nursing studies pp 443-449
Greenhalgh, T. (2019). How to read a paper: The basics of evidence-based medicine and healthcare (Links to an external site.) (6th ed.). Wiley-Blackwell.
- Chapter 12 Papers that go beyond numbers (qualitative research)