1. What is a correlation? What are the methods to establish a correlation between variables?
2. How do you make a statistical inference from a data set?
3. How does hypothesis testing work and what is the role of the null hypothesis?
4. Why do you think it is important for criminal justice professionals to understand it and how does it effect their responsibilities? For example, how does correlation and inference play a role in a criminal investigator when they are investigating a crime?
5. Can correlation be enough to establish probable cause and is it enough to establish evidence to convict a person?
6.What are some issues that one will face when trying to use correlation to relationships that has curves? Do you think the results would be inaccurate or just rather hard to make a correlation?
7. Do you think correlation is someone everyone does regularly and doesnt even realize it?
8. Do you believe statistical inference is used often in the criminal justice field? If so, how? If not, do you believe it should be used more often? For example, do you believe law enforcement agencies will use statistical inference to justify how they handle certain situations and how they use it resources?