Part 1: 750900 words; Part 2: 1,0001,200 words
Begin by reviewing IP 1 from Week 1 to ensure that you understand the entire project.
Research what a presentence investigation is, what purpose it serves during the sentencing process, and how it is used to inform the sentencing process. Then, address the following in a Word document that is 750900 words in length:
- What is a presentence investigation report, and what kind of information does this document typically contain?
- Why is this information collected, and how does this information relate to an offenders sentencing?
- What relationship exists, if any, between the presentence investigation and other aids to sentencing, such as sentencing guidelines and a victim impact statement?
- Compile your responses to the above questions into your final Word document.
- The content of the paper must be 750900 words in length.
- You must reference at least 3 outside sources, and all sources must be referenced using APA style.