Research the definition of leadership and consider how the definitions you find match your own ideas of what leadership means. Based on your research and your own self-reflection, address the following:
- What is your definition of leadership?
- Why is it important to have a definition of leadership? How does your definition support your perspective on the concept of leadership?
- When you think about developing your leadership skills, what type of approach do you use? Do you develop a plan based on your definition, or do you simply follow your instincts?
- What is your definition of management?
- Explain the differences between leadership and management.